Sunday, July 17, 2011

mccall's 6069

this was a project i planned for myself back in april. i just finished this dress in time for my birthday dinner last night (ooops!). it's a knit dress so plenty of stretch for good food!

front

back

fabric: $6.00 ($3.00/yd x 2 yds)
thread: $2.00 (gutermann polyester which i found to be better than coats & clark)
elastic: $2.00 (3/8")
total: $10.00

i love this dress! it's incredibly comfortable. it was my first time sewing knits, and due to the fabric's thickness, i was able to do so without much difficulty. i used muslin underlining instead of interfacing and left off the pockets. i didn't do any seam finishes because i was in a rush to get it done before dinner time haha. i'll probably just do some overcast stitches since knits don't unravel. all in all, a very comfortable summer dress!

p.s. reviewed here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire and happy birthday, great version of this dress, I haven't made up this view yet, will have to add it to the list! Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about the Chinese site, now I need to either find an English version or rope in a local friend to help me translate. Or I could just hop over the border and go visit!

    ReplyDelete